While I was reading "Shattered" I was able to see how actually "shattered" Lia is throughout the book. She also tries to pick up the pieces of her life she's lost. And tried to recover them without still feeling the same sensations as she did with her old perfect life. But it's almost impossible. "Just as I believe the skinners don't want to damage society. They honestly believe they're harmless. But I learned that motives don't matter."-Auden. There's a point in life when everyone lose's their edge and they have to regain it. Lia is a perfect example to recovering from all the pain caused from being a skinner.
Lia's life is basically based on the title. Throughout the book she's to find where she belongs obviously not with her family they're the reason this mess happened absolutely everything. But if the incident hadn't happened she wouldn't have seen all the different sides from her loved ones. Now she's finally getting her life straight. "They tell us we've stolen the lives of the dead- that were nothing but a mechanical copy of the people we used to be. And you know what they're right!"- Lia
She's gone through so much to truly find herself.
Lias transformation was truly major. They're so many people out in the world in a similar situations. And how she can manage, just a little to stay back on top. It's made her a stronger person. Similar to all runaways from abuse or some sort.
No comments:
Post a Comment